Reply To: What topics would you like us to discuss?

Home Forums Publish, Perish or Podcast Forum What topics would you like us to discuss? Reply To: What topics would you like us to discuss?

Conna87
Participant

Hey guys! I”m still catching up (only ep 28 and loving it!) but have you covered/thought about scientists that haven’t completed a phd. I have watched many people complete their phd and the emotional roller-coaster that goes with it. It was something that I didn’t want to go through. So what about the professions out there (lab techs, hydro-geologists, meteorologists) that are scientists without a phd, do you look down at them?
This leads into the mental image of the stereotypical “scientist” and what they look like. I remember doing a titration in 3rd year and having to wear a lab coat, I got a picture to send home to my parents to prove that I was a real scientist, even though this was the last time I ever wore a lab coat. I love my physics/nanotech don’t get me wrong, but I spend a lot of my time in schools showing kids that not all scientist wear lab coats.

Also sneans/sninos are never ok 😛 only acceptable for dads of the 90s