Most "relevant" scientist – 2018?

Home Forums Publish, Perish or Podcast Forum Most "relevant" scientist – 2018?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by cheese_n_lettuce cheese_n_lettuce 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    DrKytro
    DrKytro
    Participant

Will this segment continue? Personally, I loved it!

And I thought other listeners might get a kick out of being able to calculate it themselves – so I made a Google Doc spreadsheet:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wyER_4wRsiD8_Op3SbZ62vlp01j8TaEE45H9hOtV2Nk/edit?usp=sharing

If someone has better Spreadsheet skills than I, we could even get a running tally that updates on the fly. I’ll give it some thought when I’m next procrastinating 😀

stapleton.aj
    stapleton.aj
    Keymaster

Wow, this is excellent!

DrKytro
    DrKytro
    Participant

March update!

DrKytro
    DrKytro
    Participant

Q1 milestone – I can see why Andy thinks this is excellent, he’s winning out of the podcast crew…
    Ken and Mark have you lot eating dust though, crack those whips!!

DrKytro
    DrKytro
    Participant

Just caught up with episode 56 – aired on my birthday and it mentioned me! Not related. Aw.

I missed May update! OOPS! Here’s June:

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by DrKytro DrKytro.
    cjshearer
    cjshearer

This is great Noni. Keep it going!
    Ken Dutton-Regester has published multiple times in Nature and Science – another indicator that the PPoP most relevant scientist socre is a good indicator. However, the fact Andy is still beating me has me questioning everything.

Here is the link for Y Ben-David on scopuse: https://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.uri?origin=AuthorProfile&authorId=57191225009&zone=

DrKytro
    DrKytro
    Participant

Anyone can edit!
    C’mon, Listeners, find yourself on Scopus then chuck your stats into the sheet to find out how Relevant You Are as a Scientist!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wyER_4wRsiD8_Op3SbZ62vlp01j8TaEE45H9hOtV2Nk/edit?usp=sharing

PaulG
    PaulG
    Participant

PPoP authorities,

do you endorse scopus as official resource to calculate the “PPoP’s Most Relevant Scientist of the Year Competition” score? What about web of science or google scholar? – just out of curiosity

Also: Well done DrKytro!

cheese_n_lettuce
    cheese_n_lettuce
    Participant

For clarification, I made my user name to ‘cheese n lettuce’ because my publication record is oozing with cheese authorship lol. My massive spike is largely due to a superciter paper in Science that come out in 2016 (for which I was mega cheese), and was a landmark single cell seq study in melanoma.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.