Science this…

Home Forums Publish, Perish or Podcast Forum Science this…

This topic contains 24 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by DrKytro DrKytro 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

A.Bonilla
    Participant

After what T.Bone did with kissing, I’m all for handshaking, could you please science that? The art of handshaking!

Mike
    Participant

A few suggestions for science this: football, beer brewing, and moving between countries

A.Bonilla
    Participant

There’s nothing like “working from home” or freelancing like Andy is doing it now, let’s say that’s baseline, then you’ve got living close to work, so commuting isn’t too bad. But what about that long distance commute to work specifically!(?) please guys science it. And whoever says that loves traveling long distances in the city will be just talking bullshit, no one does, regardless how do the travel.
    Gibbo, I miss you.
    Cameron, I challenge you to learn how to play Ultimate Frisbee.
    Andy, don’t be a bully.

DrKytro
    DrKytro
    Participant

Perfect sciencing of nicknames!!

I am one who was given a name other than my own. My real name is Rhiannon, Noni is some sort of fruit from Tahiti (or a gift from God in Swahili) – Andy I could count towards preliminary data for your grant application?

DrKytro
    DrKytro
    Participant

Can you science fashion?? Going from PhD to postdoc to (??) can mean wearing different clothes, who can tell what that is meant to be!

DrKytro
    DrKytro
    Participant

I’m going to keep talking to myself on here! 😀
    Can you science hair? I mean the best/real products, there’s a lot of BS marketing out there right?

Luckily we don’t need first hand experience (or lots of hair) to apply our transferable science skills 😛

Allison
    Participant

My apologies if any of these have been done before.

Lunch breaks
    Bad drivers

And to get in the spirit of the holidays…

Thank you notes
    Holiday decorations
    Holiday baking
    Family get-togethers?

Love the show! Thanks PPoP team 🙂

andrewz
    Participant

Re: Getting buff

In the last episode Andy reported that I asked for Science This Getting Buff.

I just wanted to say that I feel I was slightly verballed by Andy on that.

The thing is that Andy is always complementing my, modestly sculpted, arms, which have recently been revealed to the world thanks to SaSamba’s new sexy summer uniform. I suggested that Andy go and modestly scuplt his own arms, but he complained that it would take too long. Hence, I suggested you need to Science This Getting Buff for Andy’s benefit.

However, I do take Andy’s point that not everyone has the right personality to enjoy spending huge amounts of time doing activities with very delayed, if any, benefits, and in splendid isolation, such as Getting Buff 5 days/week or writing and re-writing inappropriately and inconsiderately long posts on Internet fora. So I think one challenge for Science This Getting Buff is finding ways that yield early and frequent positive results for the attention-challenged & outcome-oriented. E.g. Science This Enjoying Getting Buff.

aj.blanch
    Participant

Hi guys,
    I was reminded of this article with your recent discussion about forming opinions, with heated topics of global warming / vaccination etc: https://academic.oup.com/bioscience/article/67/12/1026/4605229
    I would be interested to see if you three could solve any of the world’s great problems with science? Anything in figure 1 would be good.
    Perhaps you could figure out a way to get policy makers to deal with evidence in their decision making instead of “alternative facts” and misinformation, while you are at it..

DrKytro
    DrKytro
    Participant

Guys, I need some help, can you science catering for work lunches? :S

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.